We are in the process of modernising our BI infrastructure to make data more accessible, well-governed and well understood. It is an intense but rewarding time for us and we want you to be part of it. Please apply if you're a BI Developer with a broad range of technical skills and aptitude with several years of experience.
As a key contributor to the Engineering team, you will be responsible for delivering solutions for our internal customers. To be effective in this position, you must be comfortable working with varying business requirements and able to get up to speed with new technologies quickly. You will also initially support our team to migrate our DWH from on-premise to Google Cloud.
- Interact with data using SQL, ETL tools, and other APIs
- Develop and design data models
- Design and develop dashboards and reporting for our clients
- Communicate directly with our data product owners, business analysts and our business users in a technical capacity
- Participate in analysis, technical design, building, testing, documentation and project planning
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for internal users
- Stays current with latest cloud technologies, patterns, and methodologies; share knowledge by clearly articulating results
- 2+ years of experience with Google BigQuery / Looker (LookML and Looker visualizations)
- Strong proficiency in SQL, query optimisation, data warehousing and business intelligence tools
- Practical experience using a data transformation tool for data warehousing, ideally dbt
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- An independent working method and high level (Internal) customer orientation
- Practical experience in agile methods (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability and desire to take initiative and identify gaps in an implementation plan
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency using version control via git (we use github)
- Google Cloud Certified or certified from another public cloud (AWS, Azure)
- LookML Certified
- Good knowledge of Python or Scala including Spark
- Familiarity with Jira
- Familiarity with Git/Github
- Previous experience with the Google Cloud Platform
- Previous experience working with a remote team in a different timezone
Why you should apply
- Work with an international team of talented engineers
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally
- Team spirit is very important to us
We are looking forward to receiving your application, even without a letter of motivation.
Your benefits with us
Ringier AG is an innovative, digitalised and diversified Swiss media company operating in Europe, Asia and Africa. Its portfolio includes around 110 subsidiaries in the print, digital media, radio, ticketing, entertainment and e-commerce sectors and leading online marketplaces.
Ringier AG is an innovative, digitalised and diversified Swiss media company operating in Europe, Asia and Africa. Its portfolio includes around 110 subsidiaries in the print, digital media, radio, ticketing, entertainment and e-commerce sectors and leading online marketplaces